funny virus/spyware issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hi all, got some interesting stuff to bring up, 4 of my high school teachers always complain that they're always getting viruses and stuff, they run constantly updated virus scan and spyware removal, their systems crash a lot, they have a lot of problems, i run almost no security/protection software, i only run zone alarm, and i have no problems at all, or would that be from me reinstalling windows once a month or 2

they are teachers, they are hated. They are also computer illiterate meaning they prolly aren't viruses. (the ones at our school call every time their computer freezes, the solution: hold the power button for 10 seconds, works every time and evertime it amazes them)

they arent computer illiterate, half of them actually know half of wat their talking about, it still amazes me

the teachers at my school are not.
sorry but they dont even know what t1 is!
much less what a cpu is.

The reason being is simple that a lot more people have access to your schools computers with alot more stored on the school computers within a large network.

Students planting visuses etc.

None of the wee cunts respect the computers at all because they don't belong to them.

The computers are probably past their best-before-date.

This would be a nightmare to secure.

There are programs out there that will revert the computer back to the configured state after every reboot. One of the colleges at work has this and every little thing I did (shortcuts, favorites, etc) would be wiped out the next day after restarting the computer. Definitely a good investment.

That sounds like a 'NIFFY' wee program.

It would definitily come in handy for a lot of people, internet cafes, schools etc.

Sure is. I tried looking to see what program it was but it didn't display any icons in the taskbar.

that is called deepfreeze, the public library here uses it, and i meant once a month or once every 2 months, its about that, comptuer stays clean and fast that way, i dunno...is it excessive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom