defrag program??

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
I was wondering if windows and norton defragmentor rearrange the files according to what programs they belong to make them load faster or just rearrange to consolidate space?

I remember using a program YEARS Ago ,in which i cannot find or remember the name , that arranged programs in priority, that you selected , so that higher priority programs were arranged closer to center of drive discs. Lower priority were then moved to outside of discs.

I don't know if any third party defrag program will do that and how it even determines which program is high priority or not. What I do know is that most third party defrag program will defrag the master file table and page file and leave both closer to the center for fast access.

They are organised according to the frequency you use them, it is all logged each time you us a program for 'defrag' to use as reference.

So infact all such programs are organising data in priority, just must of them decide what the priority is for you.

There is "O&O Degfrag" that arranges in , I think, 4 different strategies. Maybe it has what u want. Try downloading a trial version first, ie from "majorgeeks.com". There is also "Diskeeper" and "PerfectDisk".
I personally have tried them all and now just use built in Windows defrag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom