windvd 6: buy the uninstaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster.waffle

Solid State Member
hey:

windvd 6 trial won't uninstall. I've installed/reinstalled it to see if it would work. Nay. I am pissed off at them now.

How do I get it off my computer?

[included screenshot]

Attachments

• uninstallmybutt.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 23
Sounds like a manual uninstall is necessary.
I'd delete the program folder and all the registry keys associated with that program. As always, make a backup before messing with your registry.

Start, Run.. type regedit

Make a backup before deleting anything just in case you screw something up. Search for WinDVD entries in SOFTWARE under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. You may also use the Edit (menu) and Find Next to locate any other windvd entries.

meh, there seem to be some values of entries that have locations that were installed by the program. is it safe to delete those?

i hope spybot S&D picks WinDVD up. ha

If you run Registry Mechanic, it would probably get rid of those other entries seeing the program is uninstalled/missing. Any entry that is associated with WinDVD, I'd delete.

Make sure you distinguish between the keys and strings and delete only what was created by 'WinDVD'. But those with 'WinDVD' should be fine to delete.

Why would 'Spybot' pick it up.

I would:

use 'find' to find all files related to 'WinDVD' and delete them;

you could then use a 'Registry Mechanic' which would pick up these obsolete references and delete or fix them for you.

If you are cleaning the registry manually just 'create registry snapshot' if anything goes wrong you can revert back to the original state.

Glider said:
Why would 'Spybot' pick it up.

haha, its a joke.

i'm calling it malicious because it didn't come with an uninstaller.

nevertheless i fixed the problem.
good ol' System Restore. I went to yesterday's restore point.

thanks anyways.

ps.. use mac or linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom