512MB to 1GB, or 333 to 400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin.C

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I'm considering investing in more RAM- 512MB more RAM for my system to bring it up to 1GB.

My motherboard is an Asustek A7N8X-LA, supporting DDR RAM DIMMs up to 1 GB with two slots. Reading the specs, my motherboard supports 333 / 400 Mhz speeds. I currently have one stick of 512MB DDR RAM clocked at 333Mhz.

My question is, should I purchase another stick of 512MB DDR RAM at 333Mhz...or should I scrap my current RAM and purchase a stick of 512MB DDR RAM clocked at 400Mhz for my system? Is a jump from 333Mhz to 400Mhz worth it?

...of course, I could always purchase a stick of 512MB DDR RAM clocked at 400Mhz, and bung it in my system with the current 512MB 333Mhz RAM, even though they'd both operate at 333Mhz.

I would go for 1gb of ram, even though it would run at a slower speed, but having more ram would help quite a bit.

Re:

Whoaaa...!

...lol :D ....i'd go for that corsair kit but i'd prefer to stay low on price.....I'd even go for the unbranded...! :rolleyes:

Thanks so far peeps.

Investing in faster RAM is your priority right now, you're running a 400MHz FSB with 33MHz RAM which leads to a bottleneck. I suggest this set of RAM, it is cheap, it gives you headroom, and costs about the same as regular value RAM.

gaara said:
Investing in faster RAM is your priority right now, you're running a 400MHz FSB with 33MHz RAM which leads to a bottleneck. I suggest this set of RAM, it is cheap, it gives you headroom, and costs about the same as regular value RAM.
Thats actually more expensive than what I suggested, and they both have the exact same specs.

Re:

.....:mad: ooohh price stretching....perhaps I have no choice...

Ok ok...i'll try and steer clear of unbranded RAM... :eek: ! Oh...you do now I'm running at 333Mhz not 33Mhz !!! :amazed: :rolleyes: ... I'm assuming a typo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom