Overclocking 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Hi,

I downloaded a program called "Powerstrip" which someone said i can use to overclock my graphics card. I have never overclocked anything in my life so i need a little help (I dont want to mess up my new card!!!)

Is this where i over clock it?

6600gt6ve.png

If so, can you guys tell me where to adjust the sliders to to 'SAFELY' overclock it?

Thanks! :D

i am wondering the same thing but my memory clock is at 1000MHz btw?... i have an eVGA 6600gt pci-e if that matters?

powerstrip is crap

use coolbits2 and detect optimal frequencies (CB2 can be found at www.guru3d.com)

oh, and if you don't have a clue about overclocking, don't do it

I use Powerstrip to OC my 6600GT. I currently have it set to 525mhz Engine and 1047mhz RAM. It's working fine for me. Yeah, my memory clock was also at 1000mhz stock. Just OC in small increments and keep the memory to engine ratio about the same and you should be good. Also, invest in some good cooling. Hope this helps.

diabloII said:

oh, and if you don't have a clue about overclocking, don't do it

Everyone starts somewhere... How did you learn when you didnt have a clue???

How come my memory clock is set to 900 Mhz, not 1000? Do you think if i overclock to the same as 'woot6600gt' it will be fine?

You most likely will, small steps is the key. Reference AGP 6600GT's are 900mhz memory, and non reference are 1.0GHZ memory

Powerstrip is not crap though

Yeah the AGP ones are meant to be 900Mhz core, but they will go to 1Ghz easily.

How will i know when to stop overclocking? If i set my settings the same as 'woot6600GT' staright away will it all be fine and dandy?

edit its a 6600GT TDH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom