Dvd-r & Dvd+r ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the actual difference, but I do know that with DVD-R you get a better burn (With a DVD +R often jumps when playing a dvd.)

Btw. That signiture is against the rules (it shows my Ip address, my Os, my web browser and it got my isp wrong...)

Re:

Hello,

DVD-R and DVD+R are different in that they are primarily supported by different manufacturers.

DVD-R is supported by supported by Panasonic, Toshiba, Apple Computer, Hitachi, NEC, Pioneer, Samsung and Sharp and others.

DVD+R is supported by Philips, Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Ricoh, Yamaha and others.

In my opinions...I just think they like confusing consumers :p ...

More info here: http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2003/DVDFormatsExplained.asp

Oh...and lol :D bronxblaza117's signature is just an image...lol.

I dont think his sig is against the rules, it just shows you and only you your IP, browser and such, and it usualy gets mine all wrong.....

its part of the server logs of any site, any pic I host from my pc linked on a site like this will show the time and ip of anyone that views it

I've read that DVD-R's are more compatible with other products (DVD players, etc). But I've had no problem with all the DVD+R's that I've burned.

I tend to like DVD+R for two reasons:

1) TDK brand hasn't given me any problems.
2) I usually find them at 12X instead of the 8X DVD-R's I always see at the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom