hardware help on first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... see.. the power supply is only transforming the power from the outlet into the voltage my comp uses. And when it fizzles and blows up, that's when I'll buy a new one -- because it won't make a difference in the long run if it doesn't ever happen.

diabloII is right the extra $$ is worth it have you read the posts on the forums with the bad PSU.Cheap power supplies use cheap parts so the current fluctuates too much causing random restarts and alot of other headaches thats not worth saving 50-100 bucks.

DiabloII is completly right about the power supply thing

However a 35$ thermaltake td-420AD will suffice very well in almost all PC's, great power supply and it's cheap.

SNIPPED

There is nothing wrong with a stocko power supply. I dont see the point in wasting $100 for something that does the exact same job at less than half that.

He said himself he is on a budget, so leave it at that. Wasting money on this crap is retarded.

SNIPPED

Both arguments for the PSU are true.
- you can make due with most of those PSU's that come with the case.
- but you'l have better peace of mind if you have a proven reliable one.

honestly if i had a socket 939 and a 6series nvidia card, i would get a reliable PSU aswell.

besides this guys budget is low, but not that low.. if it was super low, he would get a budget case instead of that.

i used the power supply that came with my case which was a 350w aspire psu pos it wouldnt even boot MY system (see sig) so i went out and bought a cheap 350w antec truepower and it runs great b4 would not be able to get into windows just constant nonstop restarts so in my opinion get a good power supply and be done with it,

also,
CorruptAssasin
that last post was uncalled for and foul language is not tolerated on this forum as is flamming to. DiabloII probly knows a lot more about computers than you do.
I myself was on an even tighter budget on my computer. I spend $450 for it and managed to get a reasonably good power supply whereas for 650 i would def get a good power supply
Found this in a review on Newegg
heres the link if you dont believe me
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustRatingReview.asp?DEPA=0&Item=N82E16811208001&page=2
-Great case, LED lights look great,lots of room but the only flaw is that the power supply didnt hold up it died on me a week after i bought the case. Still recommend the case whos looking to build a new comp.

Never saw this button did you

CorruptAssassin said:
diablo is full of shit, ffs

There is nothing wrong with a stocko power supply. I dont see the point in wasting $100 for something that does the exact same job at less than half that.

He said himself he is on a budget, so leave it at that. Wasting money on this crap is retarded.

DiabloII, ease off the weed mate

*Post has been Reported to Admins*

CoruptAssasaian must have never seen this

-"Power supply's are the number one cause of trouble in all PC's" -Scott Muleur

-Most random reboot cases are power supply's.

-A cheap power supply I was using took out an ENTIRE PC (except monitor, keyboard and mouser)

-My PC is unstable as hell with a 420 watt raidmax, but completly stable with a 420 watt thermaltake.

-Friends budget PSU outputs 14.5 volts on the 12 volt rail (This is why his new hard drives never work)

CorruptAssassin said:
SNIPPED

SNIPPED

how am i full of shit? when i built my computer, i was also on a budget (im only 14..), and yet i bought a $120 power supply (antec neopower 480W) because i knew that the power supply was the most important part of the system, since it powers everything

and take a look at all the high-end computers. why do you think they all use name brand PSU's (i.e. OCZ, PCP&C), it's because lower end ones (like the ones you use) are crap and can't power a power-hungry computer

Thanks guys for your input, except for the random outburst of PSU arguing everything was helpful. One question though, why the twinmos ram instead of the geil? It had many good reviews on newegg(almost 100).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom