Best Computer???????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartdetailin

Beta member
I am new to this forum and I don't know much about computers. I am puchasing a vinyl cutting machine to make signs and banners for a hobbie. I am going to need a computer with these requirments:
Pentium 4 processor, 1.6 meg or more hard drive, 512 meg of ram, 64meg video car, and a floppy /disc drive

What do you guys think is the best computer for the money that will meet these requirments?

Where is the best place to get it?

How much will it cost?

Thank you very much!

Ryan

easy....any name brand computer would do...I'd check the prices at Compaq (people have complained about compaq, but I've worked with 3 of them since '97 and had nothing but good experiences). Since you are looking for a fairly basic computer, I would think about going for something better, just for upgrading purposes.

On major compaines all of them have thier "lemons" I have had 2 compaqs one which was good other which gave problems. Dell computer worked pretty well, Gateways computer i had was a pile of junk! Hp worked pretty good for me for a lowend computer. I would say you are taking a gamble anytime you buy a new computer from anywhere. all major companys cant send perfect parts of all computers. One complaint with hp they have some crappy tech support if you have to call and get something replaced. And so did gateway. Dell had soso techsupport if you can get a nonindian on the phone and tell them whats going on. Dell usally has pretty good warrentys also

well a good PC that doesn't cost a lot would include:

video card: ATI Radeon 9200/9600 depending on what you want to spend

CPU: Pentium 4 2.6 GHZ or AMD Athlon XP 2800

mobo: Asus P4P800 (for P4's) or Asus A7N8X-VM (for AMD's)

RAM: 512MB (or more) DDR333RAM

fan: Thermaltake Volcano (there are different types for P4 or AMD)

sound card: use onboard sound in mobo

monitor: go to a swapmeet and see what they have, CRT's are prolly better for gaming, Ive seen a 21" Sony Trinitron for $399 (aus) and they're usually about $1000 or higher

if you want the cheapest, go with what apokalipse said, but just buy the parts and get someone with experience to build it for you. thats what i did and i saved $1000's. i suspect the swapmeets have lots of stuff that "fell off the back of a truck", if ya know what i mean.....

theyre still good though.

stewartdetailin said:
...... I am going to need a computer with these requirments:
Pentium 4 processor, 1.6 meg or more hard drive, 512 meg of ram, 64meg video car, and a floppy /disc drive .....

ok, you can get a machine w/these specs for like $600 without the disp. of course. if your new to computers your obviously not going to want to build your own from parts. check out tigerdirect, dell... or if you really dont want to spend much- goto ebay. lots of small companies sell machines on there and you can pick exactly what you want inside. ..from hardware to software.;)

If you want a great computer and don't do much fooling around with Pc's, go with a DELL dude, they are very good all around computers, even for gaming, the price is a little more than if you were to build the computer yourself, but dell's have very good support, especially if you don't know how to build a computer, you sure are not gonna be able to fix it if something goes wrong, so get a good computer, I recommend a DELL.

I think it's a learning expirience with buying your first "put it together yourself" computer. You learn easy, and if you've ever played with LEGO's, it'll be a return to childhood(more valuable toys though, even though LEGO's aren't cheap). I you want to learn about putting a computer up, but don't think you have just enough experience, or wan't to be on the safe side and get it done fast, get a friend or collegue to do it. Last way out is paying for it getting done, I've heard of some that do it at your home, install windows and all, and answer questions while they're there.

tazman said:
If you want a great computer and don't do much fooling around with Pc's, go with a DELL dude, they are very good all around computers, even for gaming, the price is a little more than if you were to build the computer yourself, but dell's have very good support, especially if you don't know how to build a computer, you sure are not gonna be able to fix it if something goes wrong, so get a good computer, I recommend a DELL.

dude.. lol.:D

301103-dude.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom