Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana89

In Runtime
Ok so far this is what I'm looking to buy. But I have a few questions as you will see.

CASE : NZXT Nemesis Elite Aluminium Mid-Tower Case 420W W/Window, Temp.Display & Fan Control (BLACK COLOR)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD™ ATHLON™64 3500+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology ~ CAH604
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value RAM)
HARD DRIVE : Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache WD360GD
Hard Drive 2 : 160GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE -- Recommended
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD-- Powered by Leadtek
VIDEO CARD 2 : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD-- Powered by Leadtek
Optical Drive : SONY DWD26A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : ViewSonic® E90FB 19 INCH .22H MM SVGA MONITOR-Black
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

That is what I want my PC to be built from but, like I said, I have a few questions. First, is this PC a really good gaming PC...like it could handle The Matrix Online, other mmorpg's, and high graphic video games?
Second, is a Nvidia 6800 256mb better than dual 6600's?
And third, is will everything run good and work right. In other words do I need more fans or anything else?

yeah, I'm going to build it myself. I just want to know if what I'm lookin at is good. I also want to know what everyone has to say in answer to my questions. But yeah, I'm buying the parts and planning to build it all.

get instead:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

TwinMOS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

Single eVGA GeForce 6800gt

get a case without psu and get an Antec TRUE430 ATX 430W Power Supply

so what's the reason I should go with one graphics card rather than dual? I trust your input but I would like to know...the more knowledge the more power. Why get the mother board, RAM (rather than corsair), and that case rather than the case I have.
Also, is PCIE better than AGP?

oh and my price range is $1000-1600. That's what I've been doin on cyberpowersystem.com. Could you put together an awesome pc in that price range....like a pc that could plow through The Matrix Online and other mmorpg's...which from my experience are more difficult for pc's than cd games....i think.

GageMW said:
get instead:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

TwinMOS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

Single eVGA GeForce 6800gt

get a case without psu and get an Antec TRUE430 ATX 430W Power Supply

Couldn't agree more with exception of the ram. The ram he has will do him perfectly fine.

Nirvana89 said:
so what's the reason I should go with one graphics card rather than dual? I trust your input but I would like to know...the more knowledge the more power. Why get the mother board, RAM (rather than corsair), and that case rather than the case I have.
Also, is PCIE better than AGP?

One 6800GT beats out two 6600GTs in all performance tests, and for the same price. So theres no use filling both of your slots with the same thing. Instead, get one, and later on maybe end up with two 6800gt's if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom