Amd Athlon 64 3000+ and ATI Radeon x700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
Are both of these good? Im a little worried buying the AMD athlon 64 3000+ because it runs at 2.0 Ghz, which seems low. Should I instead buy a 3200+ or 3400+ instead or is good by itself? Also, how is the x700 pro adding up to todays games? Is it pretty good and will last me a year or two?

Sounds good BUT my intel pentium 4 is running at 2.66 ghz and going down to a 2 ghz seems sort of stupid. I have heard that some athalon's are actually better than some pentiums that run faster. is this true?

Yeah read the AMD vs Intel thread

Expisally at gaming, AMD are FAAAAAAAR better.

Same thing goes with other processor technolagy's like PPC from IBM and all the other funky processor technolagy's.

Also be sure to get socket 939 processors and a 6600GT and not an x700pro.

Manhuntkotor said:
IF i didnt have a choice, would an x700 pro still be good?

Any Radeon X series is pretty much outdated, because it doesn't have Pixel Shader 3. All future games are going to be dependent on these shaders to look good. Basically, the Radeon X series are DX8 cards, while the GeForce 6 series is true DX9 complaint PS3.0 cards. Get the 6600GT if you can.

Sounds good. So you are saying that a radeon x800 xt platinum edition is outdated even though it is fairly new? What about the x850? Sounds like i am going to go with Nvidia in my new system, 6600 GT at the least.

Manhuntkotor said:
So you are saying that a radeon x800 xt platinum edition is outdated even though it is fairly new?
[SNIPPED] I have an x800 xt platinum edition myself and it kicks the shit out of any nvidia card despite what he says it does or does not have. and it doesn't heat up to fricking 70C either

dale5605 said:
He is saying that but he is a retard. I have an x800 xt platinum edition myself and it kicks the shit out of any nvidia card despite what he says it does or does not have. and it doesn't heat up to fricking 70C either.

Who cares if it gets like 10 fps higher in CSS if the image quality is utter crap in new games because it lacks the proper shaders. Shader Model 3 is the most important aspect of modern graphics...go ahead and get an ATI X series card, but don't say you weren't warned. The R520 a.k.a. X900 will be a good card when it comes out...and will have the shaders to run modern games. Wait for that if you must go ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom