Tech Forums Dream Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
im kinda bored and i got to thinking, what does tech-forums consider a dream gaming computer?

So i decided to make a thread where everyone can post either a complete setup, or just a component or two that they would include in their dream gaming PC. at then end I'll see what everyone thinks should be included in a dream PC and see which of what component seems to be most widely thought of as "the best" and i will edit this post and include the specs of the PC.

----------------------------------------------------------
Tech-Forums Dream Gaming PC

Case: Lian Li or Thermaltake

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D SLi-DR

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 San Diego

Video Card(s): 2 x eVGA 6800 Ultras

System Memory [RAM]: 1GB(512x2) OCZ DFI Lanparty Edition Platinum Rev. 2 DDR 625, PC5000

Cooling: Single Phase

Hard Drive(s) and configuration: 2 x 137GB SCSI in RAID 0

Optical Drives: 2 x NEC 3510A

Power Supply: PCP&C 850W

Monitor: Apple 30" HD Cinema Display

Sound: E-MU 1820M, Klipsch 4.2 speakers, [Alessandro Pro headphones].

Misc: N/A

just search it..duh :D

fx-55//dfi lanparty SLI//dual eVGA 6800ultra's//a SCSI drives in raid whatever//some lian-li case or thermaltake case//single phase cooling (i don't think it's safe to run triple phase 24/7)//2x NEC 3510A's//PCP&C 810W//1 gig of those dfi lanparty special OCZ ram

well i am guessing that we would be overclocking if we were using that RAM, otherwise what is the point of having DDR625? (other than for bragging rights :D )

nah, if you put the ram in the computer, it still operates at ddr400, that ddr625 is just what it guarantees at the given latencies for that speed

but yea...what's the point of getting a dream computer w/o ocing it :D

majorly modded Lian Li case sealed and filled with non-conductive fluid/pc&c 850/DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR/athlon 64 fx55 san diego/1gb OCZ dfi edition/dual eVGA 512mb 6800 ultras/sound blaster audigy 4/ 8x 74gb raptors/CREATIVE GigaWorks S750/2x 30" Apple LCD

gigaworks not crap
audigys have better support for software than m-audio
Raptors are less hassle than SCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom