Intake vs. Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
Here is my case... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144089

My question is this. How should my intake and exhaust fans be set? When it came, the side panel fan is screwed on and set to exhaust. The front fan is intake, and the top fan is exhaust. I have 2 extra fans to put where I want. I can put one in the front and one in the back, or both in the back.

This is what I was thinking for the best cooling... I was thinking of changing the side fan so that it is intake, because it'll blow right onto the processor fan giving it cool air from outside and it'll also be blowing on the Graphics card. The front fan will remain intake. The top and the 2 back fans will be set to exhaust. This a good plan, or is there a better setup for cooling?

I think your plan sounds good. You could play with those two extra fans and try on as intake in the front and one as exaust in the back and see whats better, but I would guess your first plan will be the best.

I was just wondering why the side fan by default is exhaust. It is right where the processor and graphics card are. Is there a reason they did this, or did they just do it because they needed to put it in somehow?

For cooling you will want to get as much hot air out of your case as possible,If you have 2 intake have atleast 3 for exaust,The way your case is you will want the front and side as intake and the top and rear for exaust.

I don't think companies really care what's best as long as they sell their damn product. I bet that if I change it to what I want, my computer WILL be cooler. Right now, my side fan and processor fan are fighting over the air.

This is pretty stupid... I don't think I can just change the side one around! Oh well... a little personal modification should take care of that.

I think the best configuration for intake and exaust is having the front and side fan for intake, while the rear and top are for exaust. not sure if thats the best though. what I have is the front 80mm and side 80mm blowing in, while my last 80mm, in the back is blowing out.

agreed. front and side for intake, rear and top for exhaust. a sound plan. you could always try your side fan both ways and watch your cpu and gpu temp and see which way works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom