what do you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwjayleedy

Baseband Member
OK i just built a computer from scratch well sorta lol
ok i went with your basic atx case,mic ports,2 usb, side case fan(is this feesible?) Anyways, i got an amptron m922lu p4 board, supports up to 2Gigs ddr or 2Gigs sdram. also i went with a 2.4 p4
Fsb 533. And then just used my old geforce 440 mx vid card (64Mb)
and my 20gb wd hdd. Now what would you guys recommend i upgrade next and why also whats some good hardware to upgrade to. All thought r appreciated.

mobo, hd, video card, ram, processor. You won't get too far with that machine especially if it's for gaming

Are you going to be playing games alot?If not, Id start with a bigger hard drive, then depending on what your gonna do, a midrange 128mb vid card.RAM needs depend on which OS and what apps you are running.

If you are going to play games, definatly upgrade the video first. anything above a Radeon 9700 Pro will probably bottleneck though because of your processor. but hey, theres nothing wrong with a 9700 Pro, i'm using a 9500 Pro, and i can run Doom 3 (medium), HL2(high), Splinter Cell Chaos Theory(high), and Far Cry(medium) well over 40fps.

Hmm yea i play games alot but they seem to run pretty well so far
guildwars runs great no lag on medium settings also rose online runs great and WOW doesnt have any problems either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom