Gecube Radeon 9250 256mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
My brother just bought me this card, havn't got it yet. Any opinions about this card? And is getting a card like this, from an authorized manufacturer any worse than buying the actual ATI Radeon 9250?

ummm ya, it's a pretty suck card for anything other than internet and email. if you want a card for gaming get an eVGA GeForce 6600GT, they're about twice as much as that one on www.newegg.com ($160 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220)
unless you have a really crap system, that's the best power for money card right now,if your running anything less than an athlon xp or pentium 4 forget it though, it won't be able to play any games.

Something happened to my mb, it's ****ed up and so now i'm using my old P4 celeron 1.7, have a new board for it, 1.5 Gb RAM. I'm not a gammer, but is this enough for at least video (movies)stuff?

you will be able to play games, just not "doom 3 at 1280..." you know what i mean...

it's perfect if you play non-gfx stuff like starcraft, warcraftIII, and diabloII and for watching movies

i thought movies and stuff could run on anything?

on my 1.1celeron 512mb pc133, pci gforce2 64m mmx...
runs everything, except DVD resolution high bit rate Xvid lagg's a little bit but smooths out after a few minutes. only thing i prolly couldnt run is HR-HDTV Xvid rips.

i even ran Quake3 and Halflife1 on medium on this peace of junk.

i had a buddy who had a 1.2 Athlon, 384MB of PC100 SDRAM, and a GeForce 2 MX200 and he could run HL2...Believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom