New Comp Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbutt

Banned
im looking to get good gaming comp under $1k! we need good graphics and of corse... speed. i found one which i think looks really good but then again i dont know much about computers. i found it at Cyberpowersystem.com (any positive/negative input on the site?) and this is what i found...

Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display
CASUPGRADE: 12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT (GREEN COLOR)
CPU: (939-pin) AMD™ ATHLON™64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
CD: LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 6in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (BLACK COLOR)
HDD: Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard
MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse
MODEM: PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM W/ VOICE
MOTHERBOARD: (939pin Sckt)MSI RS480M2IL ATI Radeon Xpress200 Chipset SATA PCIE w/Video,LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&Audio
MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value RAM)
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600WATT PMPO SUBWOOFER STEREO SPEAKERS
USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: ATI RADEON X700 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
_PRICE: (+901)

???????? ALL HELP MUCH APPRICIATED

other than the AMD64 3000+ you listed, everything else you're buying it shitty

also, cyberpowercomputers is a crappy company, and ibuypower isn't much better either

if you want a good computer under $1000, then you should build it yourself like most ppl here

either that, or you can build a computer at www.monarchcomputers.com

monarch will be a little bit more than ibuypower b/c they have actual professionals that test your computers, run memtest86, assure (sp) that everything is working

you COULD use ibuypower, but they just care about your money, not what you buy

and if you want a good but cheap gfx card, then you have to go for the 6600GT, the x700 sucks at everything except HL2/CS:S

you should also switch out some of those parts and use the ones that you have now. eg. use your current monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, CD ROM, modem, and floppy drive, and use the money saved from those parts to get a better video card and a different motherboard because ATI chipsets really aren't that good. if you are going the Socket 939 route, go for a DFI lanparty Nforce 4 chipset.

Get the book building a book for dummies. Buy your parts. Read the manuals. Build it yourself. You can do way better if you build the stuff yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom