What about this mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For intel 478, abit is the brand to stick to... I'm glad u took my advice on the Asus..

Its a nice board, and judging by the rest of Abits 478 boards it would be a nice clocker

ABit is a damn good board choice for socket A systems, but for AMD64 they really lacked on it honestly, because even the MSI Neo2 plat is recognized as a better OC'ing board for nf3 socket 939 boards, as we all know DFI is the king of AMD64's pretty much for any other board you need for AMD64.

I know squat about intels though, so I don't know what board inparticular to choose of theirs

VIII said:
For intel 478, abit is the brand to stick to... I'm glad u took my advice on the Asus..

Well, you'r story seemed, well, not something that I wanted to run into. ;)

Nubius, you are suppose to know everything! We all know that DFI is king for AMD, but I'm not sure how they do with 478 though. But from what VIII said and the pictures of peoples phase changes system over on xtreme (they all have ABit board) I leaves me to the decision to buy an ABit.

Got my check today, perhaps I will order it.

Either way you look at it, DFI, Abit, and MSI are the best altogather. Just dont go getting anything else. I have a Abit AV8 3RD EYE, it has handled OC pretty good, just to bad this boards temp sesors are crap.

So I just tried my hand at OCing my current board. I have the Jetway 875PMAX. Nice board.... NOT!!!! That thing is so crappy. It wont save the FSB changes, nothing. I changed the timings on my memory from 2.5-3-3-7 to 2.5-3-3-6 going to keep experimenting. I tried to change the FSB from 133 to 140 and the timings, but it yelled at me and wouldnt post. So I ordered my mobo, the ABit, should have it middle of the week. After that comes my RAM, then PSU, and then my new water cooling kit!

WCS? Oh man, I dont know. What do you mean, WCS? Should I know what this is and feel like an ass seeing that I dont know what it is?

A HA! I just woke up, so that didnt occour to me. I right now have the Thermaltake Aquarius II, but I'm going to build my next one. It's going to be very similar to Nubius'. I'm going to get some parts from DangerDen and mod out some other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom