there went windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshshift

In Runtime
i OCed my amd 1.8 2800 to 2.3ghz and then it crashed and suddenly im missing my whole windows system folder. time for a new install. has this happened to anybody else? also im a bit confused on how to lock my agp speed. i cant find the setting in my bios to do this. i have the asus k8v-x. also is this a decent mother board to OC with?

i tried to reinstall windows but im stopped by a black, blank screen after a reformat. i could still get into my bios so i checked the boot order and changed it so that it booted from cd first but still no results. any ideas???? im a screwed? did i kill something? if i did how likely is it that it is my harddrive?

Joshshift, this has happen to me many times. Thats the problem with unexperienced OC. They think burning hardware is the only possible negitive result. But windows corruption is the most common, this only takes a few seconds. I dont know why you OC and you have no clue how to lock your AGP ratio. Go into your BIO's and completely clear each HDD. For OC DFI is the best choice. Always get DFI, MSI, and Abit boards.

so how can i lock my agp? all i did was increase my FSB speed but while doing so am i correct to assume that it increased my agp speed as well? if so then is it possible that i fried my video card?

i understood that windows might get corrupted. and i dont care. im aware of the risks of OC or i wouldnt even try it. please dont talk down to me. it reveals how arrogant you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom