PC wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i presume the power cable is plugged in...

What a bummer...This is if you're really desprate - try finding like a fry's or summat w/ a good return policy - buy a card, plug it in, make sure it works, then put back into the box and return it.

Or try getting a new card from where ever you got it...

Hold on, are building this computer? Was the computer working before you put the 6800 in? Cauze it might not be the grahpics card, it might be something else...

i am having a similar problem, i cant figure it out either. what happened with me is i ordered a new mobo/cpu combo and that what you are saying happend to you was happening to me. so i decided to test the new cpu in my older computer since its the same socket and my mobo is supossed to support that speed. well when i installed it, my comp was beeping all loud when i turned it on and nothing came on the screen, so i turned it off and put back in my old cpu, when i put back in my old cpu all the fans and everything turned on but nothing came on the screen. it didnt even recognize my monitor. so now i really feel like i messed up two good computers. i took out the cmos battery and replaced it and still nothing!

What are you using for a power supply?
Alot of times while upgrading or even just buying a completely new computer it is hard to predict how much power you will use. Alot of the times power issues manifest themselves in the graphics cards now that they are becoming such power drains on the sys

I found what was causing it (for me at least). I hadnt got the 4 pin ATX 12v wire plugged into my motherboard.. My psu is modular so I only have to use what wires I need howver it is the only wire that is actually built in to my psu so I suppose I should have wondered what it was for but I didnt really notice. Thats it just one little wire caused me a full day and night of headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom