one last thing: longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
i hate to bring up an old topic.. but i have one more question about it.

Program wise, what will happen? Alot of programs are for xp and 98 and all. How long would it take the companies to make new progams for longhorn?

I was never interested in computers till about a year or more ago so i have no idea what happens. I hate to be stupid, but could some one fill me in?

I don't know much about longhorn yet, but my 2 cents...

XP crippled many programs.. so I imagine that longhorn will as well.

As for company's making programs compatible with longhorn? My guess is, for those that will make their programs compatible, they will wait for all the bugs to be ironed out of longhorn before even attempting.

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy :D

Well... i dont know it seems like they are saying longhorn is.. how do i say umm.. completely a remake. so the security will be 100% different. Idk how long itll take before we need antiviruses or not though :)

i dont think it'll be long, we are dealing with M$.

Don't forget.. windows 2000 pro was a "remake".. built from the ground up...

and now look at us ;)

No.. kus i got into computers a short time ago. Also at the start of 2000 were there programs at all for it? security and game wise.

thing with windows 2000 is that it supported and ran nearly every software program for previous versions (k maybe not 3.5) Since windows 2000 we have started moving away from that, xp won't run three quarters of the older games i enjoyed playing. They do this either because that way you have to buy more software, therefore more money is spent and given to companies and ultimately to microsoft, or because they are crappy programmers (maybe not crappy, since an OS is a huge undertaking which takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to make from the ground up) or maybe even a mixture of both

Blitze105 said:
No.. kus i got into computers a short time ago. Also at the start of 2000 were there programs at all for it? security and game wise.
Most programs would work with 2000, but were not specifically designed for it. I can clearly remember looking at software boxes about 5 years ago, and most had a disclaimer that they weren't tested with Windows 2000.

There is one that sticks out in my mind because it read like a drug label.
WARNING: Not tested with Windows 2000. Running this game in Windows 2000 could cause adverse effects.

Lol.

thanx man i was just curious... and i didn't think this subject had been addressed to idiots like me so i figure, why not ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom