Graphic Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Hey!

I've had some graphic glitches for a while now, but it's only with one particular game... GTA3. Here is a screen shot of what is happening:

CLICK HERE!

It's like some of the textures are missing, and when I drive over them, I get this mad glow of pixel trails... I hope you know what I mean. The main colours contained in the trails are bright red and bright blue. Sometimes sections of the road textures appear transparent, too.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but doing so concluded to no avail.

Since my graphics are fine with every other game I've played, and standard Windows GUI graphics, the matter is a bit confusing. I was suspecting my RAM, but then I'm not sure.

Does anybody have any solutions? Or is there even anybody who has experienced this same problem?

Thanks.
TMT.

well first off is it copied from somewhere, either warez or a buddies cd? sometimes tiny pieces of data are missing when you download using a p2p client, also some might be missing if your disk skips (either hd or cd) while copying or writing. Or an innefective head might also cause it. Or even the install you have could just be missing some files. Also even commercially they screw up disks sometimes.
Also what kind of machine and OS are you running?

I have a legal, official version of the game. The game has been tried on a friend's computer (from the same installation CD), and it works just fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and the problem still occurs. This kind of problem has never happened with any other game and/or standard Windows graphics, so I'm prosuming it's the way the game renders its graphics or something. I've updated my graphics card to its latest drivers, and that hasn't solved it either.

I'm running a custom built PC, with Windows XP.

Thanks.
TMT.

Well it doesnt seem to be an issue with your hardware fortunetly.

Your game isnt thinking their is textures their... very odd

i had the same problem with an older HP, i think playing around with draw distance helps sometimes... actually Draw distance might only be in VC... go ahead and see, play around with res's and stuff i just remember something under there helped out a bit.
heck it might do the same on this comp but i haven't put it on yet :p

make sure you have latest mobo drivers, like if it's a VIA the 4 in 1s or nforce drivers from nvidia.com also make sure you have dx 9.0c just to be sure

I'm taking for granted thats its not your GPU thats overheating, in the case of you OCing it.
However, if you have OCed your graphics card, it might be overheating, which will cause artifacts (or in game image junk, as in your pic).

Thanks for the replies!

I've never over-clocked the card, so I'm fairly sure that it's not over-heating. I have the 4in1 drivers for my motherboard, and also DX9.0c installed, plus the latest drivers for my graphics card. I've tried altering the draw distance and resolutions, but it doesn't solve the problem. I've also tried deleting the texture image files so that it re-generates them on the game's next boot.

The graphics run fine in other games. For example, 'Need For Speed: Underground' handles very well on my system... And, to my knowledge, the graphics in that game are far more demanding than the graphics in GTA3.

I guess it's just one of those wierd and *cough* wonderful things that'll probably remain a mystery, eh.

Thanks.
TMT.

Hey!

Just thought I'd post another screen shot of the problem, 'cause this one shows the pixel dragging effect a lot!

CLICK HERE

Thanks,
TMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom