Radeon X900 XT-PE
• 32 Pixel-Pipelines
• 10 Vertex-Shader Einheiten
• 90nm low-k bei TSMC
• 500 Mhz Chiptakt
• 700 MHz (1,4 Ghz) Speichertakt
• 512 MB GDDR-3
http://www.ati-news.de/cgi-bin/News/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1117138247

(The site is in german and hasn't been translated so if anyone who speaks german can translate it so we have more info that would be uber ;))

Anyways, this specifications seem more realistic than what was earlier proposed, the smaller process will most likely make the r520 a bit cheaper than the G70 though. It's also been speculated that the x900 pro will come out first and following that the fully unlocked XT versions. Since we've only seen 7800GTX specifications it will be interesting to see if the 7800 Ultra will have the added 8 pipelines to match this card.

I heard that there will be no Ultra - the GTX is the top of the line for that series

Looks good, and if it all goes like it looks like it will unfold, this card will pwn the G70. However, i think they should not call this X900, it greatly deserves a new series name. The Radeon "X" series is a total joke, and from the looks of it, this card has some serious potential, so i think it should be called something like the Y800 or something :D.

Translation (thanks to Google Translator and my ambition):

ATI has its Radeon X850 XT PE successor (code name: R520) not yet officially presented, but for promised from 31 May to 4 June 2005 in Taipei taking place Computex, first demo of integrated hardware acceleration for hp-dvd the compression format H.264. In the Grand Hyatt hotel in the proximity of the exhibition sites want the Canadians with Cyberlink the hardware acceleration of highly soluble H.264-Video to demonstrate.

“ATI is transforming the PC video landscape by leading the industry adoption of Blu-ray and HD DVD on the PC. This new innovation builds upon ATI's unrivaled video and display technologies,” said Rick Bergman, Senior Vice President, PC Business Unit, ATI Technologies.

The H.264 codec is a better image quality and compression as for instance Mpeg-4 to offer and is in the future for the coding of BluRay and Hp DVD videos to be used. Into the HDTV needs dissolutions 1280x720 (720p) and 1920x1080 (1080p) by Apple developed the codec only 8 to 10 Mbps, while the Mpeg-2 which is used on DVDs would take compression format up 15 to 20.

Beyond that new rumors emerged over the specifications and models of the Fudo:

Radeon X900 Xt-PE
• 32 pixel pipelines
• 10 Vertex Shader units
• 90nm low k with TSMC
• 500 MHz chip clock
• 700 MHz (1.4 Ghz) memory
• 512 MT Gddr-3

Radeon X900 XT
• 32 pixel pipelines
• 10 Vertex Shader units
• 90nm low k with TSMC
• 450 MHz chip clock
• 600 MHz (1.2 Ghz) memory
• 512 MT Gddr-3

Radeon X900 pro
• 24 pixel pipelines
• 10 Vertex Shader units
• 90nm low k with TSMC
• 450 MHz chip clock
• 600 MHz (1.2 Ghz) memory
• 256/512 MT Gddr-3

Radeon X900
• 16 pixel pipelines
• 8 Vertex Shader units
• 110nm low k with TSMC
• 500 MHz chip clock
• 500 MHz (1.0 Ghz) memory
• 256/512 MT Gddr-3

natural these data seem quite improbable at first sight, think one however of the R300 back, then one knows that ATI is good always for or other surprise. -) Source: PC video leadership extended with roofridge hardware accelerated public H.264 demonstration RK Computex

If I do indeed go ATI this time...which I will if it is better, I will be sure to get the XT version (no need to get PE). Im pretty sure the X900XT will have quite an advantage over the X900 pro, considering there's 12 more pipes. Man, this thing is going to be a beast!

beedubaya said:
Looks good, and if it all goes like it looks like it will unfold, this card will pwn the G70. However, i think they should not call this X900, it greatly deserves a new series name. The Radeon "X" series is a total joke, and from the looks of it, this card has some serious potential, so i think it should be called something like the Y800 or something :D.

Call it the Z900 XT or something lol.

beedubaya said:
If I do indeed go ATI this time...which I will if it is better, I will be sure to get the XT version (no need to get PE). Im pretty sure the X900XT will have quite an advantage over the X900 pro, considering there's 12 more pipes. Man, this thing is going to be a beast!

yea, ATI sure looks like its gonna pwn nvidia in this round. I would kill for one of these things. One of the things i would kill is my X850 XT

Sell now and get a lower end video card. Then use the rest of the money to save up for one of the newer cards.

I prolly should, but "lower end" is very relative, since ive got a PCIE system. The lowest end PCI E card is the 6600 GT. At least its the lowest end that can still play games

Somebody suggested I sell my X800 Pro and get a 6600 GT, and spend the rest of the money on a next gen card. Its not a bad idea because the 6600 GT actually outperforms the X800 Pro in openGL games, plus it has SM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom