Motherboard Boot Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

arandomname5322

Beta member
I'm getting the continuous Hi-Lo beeps when turning my PC on, this is upposed to tell you that the CPU is overheating but let me explain my situation first so you can see how baffled I am.

I spent about an hour trying to get this NIC card into a PCI slot, it eventually invovled tkaing the metal plate off the device and putting them in separately, whilst I was there I made sure the gfx card and sound card were in properly. Turned PC on, it was fine, started booting up, doing a scandisk. Meanwhile, I got round the back of the PC and plug the network cable in and upon my returning the screen was empty with the flashing cursor in the top left. So, I reboot and get these beeps.

I've tryed 'reseating' the CPU, memory, gfx card, sound card, checking power conenctions to the board but I've found absolutley nothing. I also tryed resetting the CMOS, pulling out the BIOS battery but still the beeps persist.

CPU Specs:
Chaintech 6BDA Mainboard
Celron 333 Mhz
Nvidia TNT2 M64
Creative SB16

I've checked the CPU, it definately is not hot and it doesn't have a fan because of the bridge it uses. It's a bit of a hybrid but I was working fine on it yesterday :\ Thanks in advance for anyone who helps solves this.

check the amount of thermal paste on the cpu, sometimes your cpu doesn't have to run hot it is just caused by an improper amount of thermal paste (whether too little or too much)

Sometimes the problem can be too much and you might be able to scrape off some without taking too much, safest thing to do though would be to wait until a time when you can go pick up a little tube or packet of thermal paste from a comp store, completely take off all thermal paste and re-apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom