RAM for XPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeeaaahhh, latency reaally doesn't mean jack at the end of the day, just bench in SiSandra and you'll see a minimal difference between latency changes, Rev2s or LAs should still be able to hit those speeds pretty tight though.

I've heard rumours of OCZ putting tcc5 chips in the Rev2s as of late but ignored them until now where it has been brought up at concerning issues at XS or other places. I think I may have gotten stuck with the tcc5s and if so I'll be mighty angry at OCZ not making this more clear.

tcc5? I've never even heard of that IC, I've heard of TCCC, TCCD, BH-5, BH-6, Winbond, CH-6, and that's about it

tcc5 is apparently the replacement to tccd since it has been rumoured for quite some time that samsung will be discontinuing the tccd chips.

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63209
http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63704

I had heard rumours of rev2s using tcc5 chips around when I was making my purchase, but they were really sketchy and I couldn't find any solid evidence at the time so I thought it was a lie. Although still no places have yet to report the rev2s using tcc5, coming directly from an OCZ employee I think that seals the pact...

Especially considering how they've dropped in price as of late is not very reassuring.

I'm pretty much convinced I have tcc5s now since stamped very very small in the corner of the heatspreader label you can make out a v1.1 and I'm pretty sure that means they're tcc5s. I don't know how to take it yet as I haven't gotten a solid answer yet, some people are saying tcc5s are worse than the tccds and cap around 260MHz, but I've still seen some people hitting 300MHz. Frankly if mine cap at 260 I'll be sending them back to OCZ since 10MHz more than what they're rated at is not very satisfying at all.

Now I gotta completely research tcc5s which are like totally underground, I think they like a bit more vDIMM than the tccds but I'll have to play around and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom