DOS games on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I built my upstairs computer, and I realize that if I try to run my DOS game "Commander Keen" it won't run right. It lags really bad. I found somewhere that said it won't work right on Windows XP, so I tried it on the Dell computer downstairs... but it ran fine. Is there something I have to download to get it to run better?

Try downloading Dfend and Dosbox. Spend about an hour figuring it all out and you'll be able to play at least 95% of DOS games with hardly any problems at all with XP. The settings differ with every game(can save profiles) but hey, at least it works.

Of course the Dell is running Windows XP... haha. Dosbox and Dfend... I'll get that. I am still curious though as to why my downstairs computer will run it fine and my upstairs custom one will not.

I don't know why, but my custom computer doesn't like DOS mode. It isn't friendly. DOS sux most of the time anyhow.

I really don't know why they wouldn't work on the other OS, chances are that your dos files are messed up. Replace the files or format, would prolly fix it :).

no garuntee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom