Putting together a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i get on my other computer i'll give you a great site for building, wait you can chekc the websites post

Does anyone know what SLI does because i really don't. and what model of the DFI Lanparty should i get for an AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice with socet 939. ?

SLI is two graphics cards at once. The motherboard will have two 16x PCIe slots. So getting an SLI card but only using one graphic card is a waste of money.

ok, but don't all of the DFI Lanparty mobos have SLI?, cause the 6800GT has it ready. and if i had another vid card could i hook two up to one monitor?

yes but only if it was a 6800gt, and the DFIs only come with SLI im pretty sure, so in a year or two when the 6800gt starts looking slow you can just pop in another 6800gt... or not even, the DFI mobos are just the best even if you never use the other slot

so would it really matter if i only used one of the PCI-E ports for the 6800GT? i mean i don't need insane performance right now. and another thing. would it be worth it to upgrade from CPU A to B

A) AMD Athlon 64 2.0GHz 3200+ Venice $203.00

B) AMD Athlon 64 2.4GHz 3800+ Venice $373.99

My vote is B

ok, i'm really confused what model of the damn lanparty i should get. definatly the nF4 but which one... and what is an ATX 2.0 compliant PSU?? DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR nForce4 SLI Athlon 64. look that up in zipzoomfly.

1.) ATX2.0 complaint = 24pin PSU=what you should be getting (good choice is OCZ powerstream series [i see ur getting a powerstream 600w])
2.) the SLI doesn't have all the extra cables the SLI-DR has
3.) there's almost no different between the 3200+ and 3800+, just get the 3200 and save up for a newer gfx card in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom