looping boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
so, what does it mean when you try to repair XP Home with the disk and when it almost finishes during initialization, the comp restarts and then keeps popping up with the "i apologize, but a hardware or software problem might have occured... would you like boot in safe mode or these other boot options (safe mode, safe with network, last good config, normally)" I tried safe mode first, no good, then i went down the list, it kept rebooting and giving me that screen. I went into bios and changed raid to IDE (i have IDE i have no clue why it was set to raid) and then i went to F8 and booted from disc yet two more times to see if i could redo the XP repair, but at the last moment when it's almost done, it reboots and gives me that screen.

i know that my dvd-cd drive hasn't been working that great lately, but if the repair got all the way to initializing, that means that the drive did all it was supposed to. could it be my hdd? i have had no problems with that in the past. all i know is that recently, i have had the static electricity problem when my dog rubs against the comp and it turns off and reboots.

edit: i am on my backup PC because i can't even get into windows on the PC mentioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom