Blank Desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Baseband Member
My friend tried to play cs on a server in allseeing eye. he has cable. an error message came up and his pc crashed and upon reboot his desktop was completely blank, yes even the start menu had disapeared. please help getting them back.

does it let you get into safe mode? what os is it? does he have windows? we will need a little more info before we can try to help you. You can get to safe mode if he has windows by tapping the F8 key a couple of seconds after turning on the computer. :)

CS = Counter Strike (a mod for Half-Life)

Allseeing Eye = Is a server monitor/connector used to play online games.

Rhys said:
My friend tried to play cs on a server in allseeing eye. he has cable. an error message came up and his pc crashed and upon reboot his desktop was completely blank, yes even the start menu had disapeared. please help getting them back.

Whats the error? and is it 1.5 or 1.6?

I don't play Half Life... Never have, no interest...

As for the desktop, look in the Documents and settings (XP or 2K- profiles (win98)) folder to see if the stuff is still there. It may be an expanded desktop or something that is causing the issue. Also, check (eventvwr) to see if you happen to be getting an error with trying to load your profile. There are problems sometimes with this that will cause the problem you are describing.

Good luck.

XP. CS1.5. Cant remember error. What good would safe mode do? He doesnt wanna run it in safe mode all the time, could it be a virus? (Also, check "(eventvwr)") how do we check this.

well if you could get in to the safe mode you could either try a system restore or if it does go in to safe mode that would tell you there might be programs or services running the background that cause it not to be loading up in normal mode correctly. in which cause you could try to clear the startup from safe mode and see if that works. they didnt make safe mode for running it in there all the time thats why when you load up to it it says you are running in a special diagnostic mode that enables you to fix problems. ;-) And yes it could also possibly be a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom