WTF!? 4 GPU in SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats insane. There really isn't even a need for SLI when you can do almost anything with a computer with just a 128MB Vid Card. No need for 1GB of Vid RAM, or 2GB if you get 4x 512's.

oh my, nubius is going to have a field day with this

SLI = Good idea from a marketing point of view, bad for the normal extremist

Is this revenge for ATI's dual GPU code (that is superior from the looks of it )

DJ-CHRIS said:
oh my, nubius is going to have a field day with this

SLI = Good idea from a marketing point of view, bad for the normal extremist

Is this revenge for ATI's dual GPU code (that is superior from the looks of it )

I dont think that this is revenge, because it was Gigabyte who made this. I think that is is Gigabyte saying, "No, my motherboard is better than yours. Nya Nya."

HAVOC2k5 said:
Boy, Nubius should love this one when he sees it.

Yet another waste of money... (4) Nvidia 6800 Ultra's PCIx - that's like $2,200.00... No thanks... I think they are really stretching on upgrading technology now. If they wanna create something worth $2,200.00 they should design and create a stand alone graphics component. Something external with it's own case, cooling, power supply, ram, the whole nine yards. It could all be connected to the motherboard by an adapter through the back of the PC case/PCI slot and connected to PCI Express card.

That is what they need to work on.

I dont know why you guys want a damned graphics card out side the case.... Just takes up more room that some people DONT HAVE.....

because when graphics reach into the range of $2200 you may as well start just buying another comp and find a way to slave it or something. or at least steal a couple of fx55s and mod them to do graphics work, jesus.

Be easy if they made the gaphics card to where you can set it in the 5.25 drive bays or below them, because not everyone use's all of that space and it would make room for other add in cards you would need in the back.....

ridiculous :D

course you all knew I'd say that, senseless likes the idea though except for the whole intel aspect.

Buuuut yeaaaaaaaaah I'm down for a dual GPU card, but not that asus one that's a complete monster, but I want a dual GPU card that'll run in a single PCI-E board and I'll be happy.....either way though it's like someone pointed out, these systems are so damned expensive you might as well buy a console instead of trying to keep your PC up to date.

This falls under the category of "if I was just so ridiculously rich"

I really don't see the point of having two cards equipped with dual VPUs to begin with.

With that kind of setup not only would be roasting your system with heat, 10 bucks says most boards would snap in half under the weight of the cards with good heatsinks based on the card sizes I've seen.

yeah, my 6800GT is already pretty damn heavy with the MAZE4 on it honestly....I couldn't image two MAZE4's on it and then it dealing with that weight all being supported by that tiny ass little amount of PCB that slips into the socket.....you'd need zipties for sure.....hell after thinking about how heavy my card is I almost want to go put some zipties on it right now to take some stress off it, so it'll also be ok to move without so much worry

You know, gaming isnt the only market, I know, I know, hard to believe isnt it !!!

Ever been in an architectural firms studio area?There are some pretty gnarly high end graphics workstations out there that can use a few GPU's........and CPU's too.Ultra hires monitors,sometimes 2 or 3 hooked to one PC can use alot of vid RAM too.

Im guessing alot of this by both nvidia and ATI is mostly just for bragging rights and they are showing off just because they can, but peeking ahead a year or two and with cell processors and multicore CPU's, some of this makes sense, they are just way ahead of the rest of the hardware sector as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom