How can i speed up my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingTeddiz

Baseband Member
I have a pentium 3 with either 500mhz or 1ghz i dont know which but i bought a game that requires at least a pentium 2 450mhz. the game works untill i start playing and moveing my character around. i think it might have to do with my speed. i downloaded all the patches and looked at thier FAQs. i tryed troubleshooting my vidio card and my settings on the computer but none of that worked.

I heard once that you can manually change your motherboard to run at a higher speed. i dont know if this will help or if its possible. if it is possible can some one please tell me how to do that.

just in-case any one is wondering the game is neverwinter nights.

-Thanks,

Hmmm...

Post back with your full system specs,, MOBO type ,, memory amount,, video card model and memory,, CPU speed,, etc,,

do a search for WCPUID,, and it will give you an application that will read all the CPU information on your machine,,

Need all the specs prior to making recommendations,,

cheers,

What game is it? The game may require you to have a better video card or more ram. Like crashabbott said post your system specs and what game you are tring to run.

windows 2000 professional, service pack 4, intel 999 Mhz, BIOS v6.0, 2 hard drives (maxtor 4k020h1, maxtor 6L040j2), Vidio card (radeon, memory size- 32 m, memory type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM), MOBO- ASUS TUV4X (socket 370 motherboard, Apollo Pro133T Chipset).. is there any other information you need? im not sure i got it all

i don't think your problem has anything to do with your CPU speed. it probably is due to your video card being too slow. isn't neverwinter a 3D game? can you please tell us your video card make and model?

You Got It Ek!

The video card is experiencing difficulty rendering .. Neverwinter is a pretty heavy resource sucking game,, needing good video card/ram support,,

the rest of your system specs look good,, however,, if Your system RAM is at 256 or lower,,, you need to move that up too,, 512 would be a good optimum...

the rendering and buffering are shared on the video ram and the system ram,, if the video ram runs out, you overflow into the system ram which does slow down the 3D , high pixelated graphics,,, basically extending the work,,,

If you wish to stay with the ATI,, go for the 128 mb DDR flavour,, this will allow for a Great video punch to your system, and not overly costly,,

But if money isnt an object ,, go bigger,, *heh heh*

If you have Shadows of Undrentide,, then it is definitely your video card,, the graphics on that game look amazing!

cheers,

Faster video card and more ram. The game would be a lot more managable for your pc with more ram. Though, if you bought a new video card as well as new ram, the game would run good if not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom