pd 3.6 vs amd 64 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdrude

In Runtime
i can get the 3.6 for 200 brand new, so i may go that rout, will it play games as good as the amd? lmk

socket 775

Are you comparing a Pentium 4 3.6Ghz to an AMD 3000? If so, the P4 will easily beat it at anything.

Yeah man. What is the AMD, 2.8? 2.6? Something like that. Anyway, the Intel is almost a gigahert faster! Thats alot. normally I would say AMD, but at that big of a difference, it is the Intel hands down.

How did you end up getting a 3.6 gighertz P4 to $200. At newegg, the lowest is like...$400. Anyways, w/ a $200 discount, that deal is hard to beat. But an AMD 3000+ is only like $150, even the veince core is that price. I bet the newcastle and the winchester cores are cheaper.

hehe , someone is hooking me up with it for a trade with paintball stuff, im actually only paying like 150 for it, wanna reccomend a good cheap mobo?

With a CPU that powerful, i wouldnt go cheap on the motherboard. But if you insist on going somewhat cheap, get the ASUS p4p800-E, they have it at newegg for $110. If you want to spend more, get the ASUS p4c800-e. They have that at newegg for like $180.

it does, im getting that cpu, selling for like 400 (its sealed let me mind you), and buying my original 3000 (maybe upgrade to vinice for 10bux) and a little bit better mobo, and then have cash to spare (i dont wanna spend every cent i own on it, but i want a decent cpu)

extra cash will go towards making it pretty :)

edit- what do you think it will sell for (the p4 3.6 oem its the 411$ one on newegg (but thats retail)

Get the Venice.

Since the mobo is so central to your computer, I wouldnt cheap out on it. You dont have to get one with bells and whistles, but at least get one that wont crap out on you.

Dont spend you extra cash on making it look pretty. Spend your extra cash on making it perform better. Its like taking a Chevette and spending money on it to make it look nice.

tylerdrude said:
it does, im getting that cpu, selling for like 400 (its sealed let me mind you), and buying my original 3000 (maybe upgrade to vinice for 10bux) and a little bit better mobo, and then have cash to spare (i dont wanna spend every cent i own on it, but i want a decent cpu)

extra cash will go towards making it pretty :)

edit- what do you think it will sell for (the p4 3.6 oem its the 411$ one on newegg (but thats retail)

Good plan

However 3200+ venice are better, and yes that 3.6GHZ intel will beat AMD 3000+ at most gaming things and tie in a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom