Best Intel board <200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I've been asking alot about the best things for under 200, that seems to be the justifiable amount of money I can spend per component.

I was thinking the ASUS P4P800-E, but am open to suggestions. I am very partial to ASUS, as they have the best luck with Intel chips. I do plan to overclock, but not to very extreme ends with this board. Obviously the cheaper the better, but I am willing to go as high as $200 give or take some money.

The P4P800-E is a good board, IMO. I have the P4C800-D (basically the same thing). With mine, you can set it to make all the changes needed to OC by 5%, 10%, etc. Or, you can do it all manually.

Just remember that you cant change the multiplier, so get some good OC RAM, to make sure that when you bump up the FSB, your RAM doesnt end up underclocking due to a funny FSB:SPD ratio.

I'm following up with some people over at xtreme about Vmodding, since it will be necessary at one point or another. I'm not looking for over the top expensive and lavish, but I am looking for something that is not too cheap. I also forgot to mention that it needs to be socket 478, as I dont want to go to 775 yet. A little out of my price range ATM.

@Elba: I know about the RAM. I currently have some Kingston ValueRAM, but am not even going to attempt an OC with that. If I do, I will prolly only try for maybe 50mhz or so. I dont even think I'm going to though. I'm gonna get the board, and then invest in some RAM the week after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom