anyone here installed an ASUS P4P800 SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Im going to be installing an ASUS P4P800 SE tonight and wondered if I need to touch any of the factory default jumper settings on the board? Im going to be installing a 480W PSU along with it and a GeForce 6800 GT, and dual ddr 400 ram. I have never installed a mainboard before so i dont want to blow anything!

ok, how bout for those who have installed a motherboard before, do you ususally have to fiddle with the default jumper settings? when installing it to a standard PC setup.

i don't know anything about the board, but you can try googling

oh, and if you didn't know, ground yourself before touching the electrical components (rub your hand on the metal of your case)

ummmmmmm yeah, i use whats called a static band, alot safer than rubbing your hands :amazed:

I never had to fiddle with anything on the board, just straight install, hookup and go ;)

Cheers-

Most boards are just a straight up plug in and go. Boards noware jumperless, so all of the configuration is done within the BIOS. I have installed a few ASUS boards, and it has been a breeze. Virtually no configuration needed. Just read the book, and make sure you turn on things like HyperPath2 and those special features that ASUS boards have.

Topic is a little old, my bad, didnt notice the date.

I hooked up a system last year for a friend with this mobo, using a ata drive, ati 9800 pro, 480 true blue, corsair 2 * 512 values, with out having to do anything to the board. dont worry, be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom