Underperforming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes...definitely have it set to AGP/PCI...in that order...

128 Aperture

8X AGP

and try again..

good luck!

let me know how it goes.....

Well I think that it has improved quite a bit. Even though my 3dmark 2001 score is only 9253, the franerate in the games I've tried has gone up by about 10 and I can now play Guild Wars max settings so i think it's been pretty successful. Anyway thanks for all of your help and now to upgrade that processor....,)

hey no problem! i'm glad you got it working a little better.

and as of right now...I've been playing Guild Wars since release..i'm addicted.

lovin the game very much..

if you're ever in the game and need some help...look me up

the name's...

Irezumi San (PvE)

Shogun Knight (PvP)

and yeah, new processor would be good, but check to make sure what the max your mobo can take...

my socket 478 is a 2.0ghz P4..but it's max is only 2.4ghz..and that's not worth upgrading...

consider a AMD64....and you'll be on cloud 9, eh?

good luck man!

oh...i really like the Pariah demos...was considering getting that game...but reading some so-so reviews about it.

do you like it? is it worth buying now, or wait for bargain bin?

Yeah will do and Guild Wars is a great game. It's so innovative!
And as for Pariah I must admit I played the demo and wasn't too impressed with it so I'd say wait for it to get to the bargain bin.

Hmmm it worked before and when I type in www.asrock.com an error screen comes up. I guess that means their website has gone offline. Well it should work sooner or later lol.

kilew, i had the same decision when i wanted to buy the AMD64 2800 or the 3000+...

in the end i went with the 3000, i think mainly cause i wanted to get in the "3000+" numbers....lol

and it got lots of great reviews..

i would get the 3.0ghz if you can afford it.....you won't go wrong w/ that...

cause in a year...you'll look back and every1 will have a 3.8 or higher..and you won't want to be "stuck" w/ a 2.8ghz..haha.

anyways..do a lil research..but that 3.0ghz shud suit you nicely.

good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom