x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzi9mm said:
The X850 XT PE is the best SINGLE card you can get today......

People always talk about how the X850XT is the best card out there, and is the fastest card in existence today. Well, by sheer numbers, they are right..but they are forgetting one thing. What good will a faster framerate do you if your image quality is crap because you lack the proper shaders? As I said before, as far as future games are concerned...the Radeon X series are only DX8 cards, while the GeForce 6 series are true DX9 cards.

damn straight, and thats why im pissed. About the photos posted earlier, keep in mind that one of the them was PSM 2.0. very few devs have ever used psm 2.0. People are jumping straight from 1.1/1.4 to 3.0

Nubius said:
speaking of area 51, stupid ass games release date for PC is now june 6th! what kind of stupid BS is that, first may 22nd, then 23rd, now june 6th!?! Jeeeeeeeeeez FEAR was supposed to be released june 6th and now it says August, STALKER was supposed to be released freakin months ago and it's october.....I'm tired of these damn games that keep delaying themselves

Damn I was waiting for you to get on MSN to torture you about area 51.

For some reason, it seems like it is out in Canada.

Actually I just checked, it's advertised and "available" but out of stock

whats so great about area 51?

one more thing. asus a8n or abit fatality? wanted the a8n but think im leaning more towards the abit now

Of the 2, the fatal1ty is better IMO, but go for the DFI lanparty over the fatal1ty

jolancer said:
Something - it dependes on what your talking about... any new generation card today will beable to run past games and apps fine. but if your talking about Halflife2, Doom3 and future games. Then things start changing with the performance between the new gfx cards.

so what is it that you run on the X800pro?

HL2, an other random game demos.

I overclocked with the Cat. driver thing. Doesn't void the warrenty and decreases the speed to decrease the temp.

beedubaya said:
People always talk about how the X850XT is the best card out there, and is the fastest card in existence today. Well, by sheer numbers, they are right..but they are forgetting one thing. What good will a faster framerate do you if your image quality is crap because you lack the proper shaders? As I said before, as far as future games are concerned...the Radeon X series are only DX8 cards, while the GeForce 6 series are true DX9 cards.

Which came first, the software or the hardware? Which came first the graphics card or the drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom