DVD X-Copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRapture

Beta member
Hey all,
I'm looking for the best DVD Copy program out there.

I see DVD X-Copy everywhere... says it can Copy ANY DVD Movie onto a DVD-R and WILL PLAY in ANY regular DVD Player.

I'm looking to back-up some of my DVD Movies.... does it really make perfect copies so that i can play them in my regular TV DVD player?

And is DVD X-Copy the way to go?

Thanks!

I heard good things about it. I don't know about the new versoin, but I heard the older versions you could make a 1 to 2 copy. One original fits on 2 burned dvd's.

But they might have fixed that.

i was reading the new versions... all 3 versions now copy a full DVD Movie over to a Single DVD-R.

i thought it was like that to begin with (there older version) but i guess not.

I got dvd xcopy express. Works great, copy a full movie on one disk. Takes about an hour to do. You have to copy the movie to your hard drive (10 gig space needed) then burn to dvd. I have a dvd-r burner and it plays on my sony home player that I bought 3yrs ago.

the thing about Xpress is that they do not let you keep dvd menus and you cannot choose which titles and audio tracks to keep or take out in a movie . cloneDVD does allows these and more. maybe the newer versions are better, the last time i tried was a few months ago.

Once Again,,,,

SOLUTION: DVDxCOPY Not the ISSUE

DVD BURNING ISSUE-Resolved!!

Turns out the Entire issue I had was with Media,,

Here is what I learned from some Very Clever Noddy's and Documented,,, Thought I would share the Info out for those of you out there in the same boat,,

Take a DVD you want to back up that is a DVD5 disc (single layer) and RIP it with DVD DECRYPTER in ISO READ mode.

This creates a single large ISO file on your computer's HDD. This ISO file is called an IMAGE file.

Now put DVD DECRYPTER in ISO WRITE mode and select the ISO from your HDD and burn it to a DVD

If it works in your stand alone then you know the issue is not so much the media but with the OTHER burning methods you are using.

If this DVD doesn't work then you have major problems which are probably related to the media.

If you want to test a DVD9 back up then use whatever program you normally use for that (such as DVDShrink or DVD2ONE etc.) but set the final file size to around 4000MB (which is a little bit shy of 4.0GB)

Now most of the programs that compress DVD9 discs will spit out a VIDEO_TS folder with your DVD FILES ready for burning.

At this point use ImgTool Classic. This is a FREEWARE program that you can download.

ImgTool Classic will create an ISO IMAGE file from your VIDEO_TS folder (actually you put your VIDEO_TS folder under another folder and select NOT the VIDEO_TS folder but the folder that IT is in).

So for instance create a FOLDER called MOVIE and in that MOVIE FOLDER create another FOLDER called VIDEO_TS and put your DVD VIDEO FILES in that VIDEO_TS folder. Start up ImgTool Classic and select the MOVIE folder (not the VIDEO_TS folder).

When ImgTool Classic is done you will have an ISO IMAGE file that you can then burn with DVD Decrypter.

Again if this works then GREAT but if not then you have issues that COULD be media related but if your final DVD is less than 4.0GB and you still have problems then it might be like a burner malfunction or something really odd unrelated to MEDIA.

Really poorly made cheap media can often have trouble when you go over the 4.0GB mark (which is approximately 4096MB).

Most decent discs will not have trouble if you stay below 4.20GB (which is around 4300MB though I try to stay around 4200MB - 4250MB). Only the best of blank media can handle full size which is approximately 4.37GB or approximately 4480MB for DVD-R and something like 4435MB for DVD+R

PRINCO ( what I WAS using) is really s@i# a@s stuff.

Most people find that you definitely will have problems if you go over 4.0 GB (about 4096MB) and some even try to keep 'em around 3.9GB or even 3.8GB

Just use DVD DECRYPTER if it is a SINGLE LAYER disc. If it is a dual layer disc then use DVDShrink (which is free) to reduce it to around 4.0GB (roughly 4096MB) then use ImgTool Classic (another free program) to make an ISO IMAGE file from the output you get from DVDShrink. Then you can burn that ISO IMAGE with DVD DECRYPTER.

Problem solved but yeah in the future I suggest to everyone,, DONT always go for the deal!! Best to go with tested and true, such as MAXELL, TAIYO YUDEN, RITEK G04(4x)/GO3 (2x) and then you don't have to worry so much especially with the final SIZE of the DVD.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom