The Dreaded Memory Selection!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
every kingston sucks ass for thr price except the hyperX is also a huge steal right now at $99 AR

also, heatspreader are just marketing gimmicks, they reall don't help much, if at all

is the main difference between "value RAM" and the more expensive stuff just how well it OC's?

Does the more expensive PC3200 perform better without OC's?

there's almost no difference betwen value ram @ 3-3-3-7 and high-end ram @ 2-2-2-5

the lantencies don't affect your performance that much at all

good ram is only for OCing

I still like the price of the corsair, although those TwinMOS' arent THAT much higher. (I can always wait a bit longer, I guess) I know four people that have XMS Pro, and they havent had any trouble with 'em. One of them is a heavy OC'er, I might add.
Well you're comparing $69 for 512mb of Corsair against 1gb of Twinmos for $87, can't beat that with a stick :D

Also no, you don't need heatspreaders...assuming you are infact going to OC them "mind you you will need voltage! I cant stress this enough on this chips"

2.9-3v the TwinMOS will easily take and that should allow you to hit 220 with 2.5-3-3-7 timings.

Also Diablo hit the nail on the head, good RAM is basically only for OC'ing, other than that the price isn't worth it if you're simply going to run them at stock unless you really just want to brag.

Also if you're pumping 2.9-3v through them sticks it might be a good idea simply to have an 80mm fan hovering a couple inches above the RAM modules, this will simply ensure they stay cool.....in some instances the heatspreaders can actually be worse because it's really crappy thermal tape on the inside that's trying to move heat away and they don't work very well.

OK, I'm confused... so far every name brand mentioned stinks. Let's forget abotu OCing for a second. What brands get this forum's seal of approval? I hear that Kingston is reliable and well built. But according to you they suck. Same with Corsair.

I just don't understand. What am I missing?

if ur not gonna OC, go with regular Corsair Value Select (or any other value RAM). If you are gonna OC, go for Twinmos, G.Skill, OCZ, Patriot, etc. Only reason i have Corsair XMS Pro is cuz of free upgrade. Kingston is fine- if ur not gonna OC. There are far better brands out there

They are saying that with those brands (kingston, corsair...) aren't worth it for the money. They suck for the amount of money you pay for them. Something like TwinMos, you get much more bang for the buck.

Sevoma said:
They are saying that with those brands (kingston, corsair...) aren't worth it for the money. They suck for the amount of money you pay for them. Something like TwinMos, you get much more bang for the buck.

Sort of like a guy driving a Mercury Grand Marquis says the dude driving the Mercedes S450 paid too much.

Well, THAT's all about personal preferance. Some people may be completely satisfied with the Mercury, or theres people like me who would appreciate the Mercedes a hell of a lot more. You buy a Mercedes for the ammount of work that is put into the production of the vehicle, along with the reliability and driving pleasure. A mercury can't top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom