Very strange video problem, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone thanks for all the input....

Well I have tried running the tower with the case off, no difference. As for my power supply it was cheap it is a Codegen 350W 115v/230v~,8/4A 60/50Hz

Current Voltage readings:

Vcore - 1.65
3.3V - 3.34
+5 V - 5.08
+12V - 12.00

CPU temp 36 C
Sys temp 35 C

I suppose i could try to clear CMOS.....
I am up for anything right now....

What is paging files? Chances are if i don't know what it is i probably haven't changed any of the values.

Thanks again for rackin your brains!!!

sounds like it could be a mobo problem.... maybe a busted agp slot? just taking a stab here, that is a really wierd problem

Well just to clear things up, i have never overclocked one single thing in my computer all settings are set to factory default. I guess i have just never felt the need to nor have i really taken the time to learn the ins and outs of overclocking my hardware. That said I know for a fact that overclocking issues are not a factor in this problem.

So how do my voltage numbers seem?

OH and here is a link with a little more info on my video card

My video card

Did you get those temperature reading from you Bios or from a program you installed in windows? if so witch program?

paging files are at....
/start/settings/control pannel/system/advanced/performance settings/advanced/virtual memory/change

thy should not be diabled. and wile your there you might as well set them manually to 1024min/1024max
-------------------------------------

What do you mean exactly about the 3D direct draw cubes 'Twitching and choping' ?? cause on my comp it looks like the cubes are rotating at 3000rpms or somthing, and i cant even tell how many sides it has because it speed. i dont know why it does that, but its not a problem because my comp runs perfectly.

and i just re-read you first post. can you be more specific about it "twitching or Glitching"? maybe your using a wireless mouse? and its the mouse thats glitching not the video?

is the twitching constant, always there? or does it play ok sometimes and you get sperts of twitching or gliches?

Ok paging files were not disabled i have set them to what you specified.

The twitching/glitches are constant but only in games, really hard to explain them but it is impossible to play. It is not like just a screen flicker tho, it is absolutely a problem with the way the graphics are being rendered. there are spikes coming out of walls, and i can see through things, and things just disappear and flash all over the screen it is horrible.

i will try and explain the 3D direct cubes better:

the box spins in the center of the screen, which it does on mine. However as it is spinning it is like the entire box is being stretched and one corner of the box is actually flashing into the top right of my monitor. It so strange and it also is twitching making very slight jumps left to right.

Oh and I am not using a wireless mouse :)

i know exactly what your saying. most ppl probably experinece that when there vid card is overheating/dieing. or maybe im rong, and thy only experince graphic anomiles, not renering issues.

if possible i guess one of your few options is to get a hold of a PCI video card if possible, and take out your AGP. so you might beable to determine if you AGP slot is busted, like someone suggested b4.

well here is a follow up...

I ran Hot CPU TESTER Pro Lite Edition 4.2.2 here are the results:

Hot CPU Tester Pro(Lite Edition) 4.2.2
Copyright © 1999-2003 7Byte Computers
Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:19:19
Diagnostic Report
---------------------------------------------
Test Started at: 03:23:50
Test Duration: 06:00:01
Physical Processors Available: 1
Logical Processors Available: 1
Multi-Processors System(SMP): Not Available
Hyper-Threading Technology: Not Available
CPU Name String: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
Speed: 1797MHz
Logical Processors Tested: CPU 0
Average CPU(s) Performance: 100.0%

Modules Results:
Complex Matrix: Error:CPU 0: Checksums do not match; Matrix1 = -28116028082.247944, Matrix2 = -28116028075.423168
Calculating Pi: Finished without error
Sorting Algorithms: Finished without error
Prime Test: Finished without error
Fast Fourier Transforms:
Chipset:
L1 Cache:
L2 Cache:
Memory: Finished without error
HD: Finished without error
MMX: Finished without error
SSE:
SSE2:
3DNow!:

This is the second test i have ran where there was a cpu error so perhaps i am getting closer to figuring out this nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom