Adding another fan ran into a little power plug issue any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
Hello I have three fans I wanted to add a fourth on the front of the case to blow in

However it comes with at the end of it is a power cord that plugs in itÂ’s a powerful fan

But it didnÂ’t come with something so I could plug it into. Is there some sort of converter?

So I can plug it in? Or am I screwed?

A normal one. Not like a 3 pin one that goes into your mother board the same kind that

Goes into like say my DVD burner I appreciate the help.

so a 4 pin molex or w/e? just take a 4 pin from the psu and plug into it, easy, see?

Ya, its just a regular molex connector (as Gage said). There should be no prob with just connecting it to the PSU.

If your PSU has no Molex connectors to spare and your fan doesnt have a double-connector, you should be able to pick one up and 3-way molex connector from your local computer store.

You can also splice wires together the ol' fashioned way. There will be no harm to doing this as long as you dont leave any exposed wires and you splice together wires of the same color.

This is my motherboard
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=411
What do you mean psu? IÂ’m not that bright when it comes to computers I can put the shit

Inside but hookÂ’n everything up and getting it up and running is another I donÂ’t know shit

About fans itÂ’s just recently I got involved in this because my system was running really

Hot so I got four fans and I canÂ’t seem to plug this one in. I figured maybe they had a

Power splitter or something maybe out there I needed that was separate.

dude, from the fan should be a connector with 4 little "male" prongs inside white plastic end, you take a wire coming from the power supply that has the same whitish plastic end but with 4 little "female" sockets inside it,(PSU=box with all the wires coming from it in the upper left hand corner of your case) your fit the two together and push. as long as co mp is on, and you can figure out how to push two connectors together the fan should run on full blast while hooked up to the power supply

It comes right out of the fan the fan came in the box with four screws and thatÂ’s it and the

Power plug is a normal one that plugs in for example itÂ’s the same type of plug my

Volcano 11 xaser edition uses. Show here in this picture http://www.thermaltake.com/support/...7plus462370.htm

except in that picture itÂ’s a

Volcano 7 not that it matters but you get the idea itÂ’s a four plugged one just like that. And thereÂ’s no where to plug it in :(

so your out of 4pin power plugs? well than the obvious solution is to hit newegg and order a 2 or 3 way splitter. duh :)

Ok so am a dumbass then? They do have splitters man I figured they did I just wasnÂ’t sure I

could hook up one of the badest stereo systems you ever saw in a car or in a house but I donÂ’t

really know jack about computers I just got into them recently due to games I played at LAN

cafés so I don’t really know much and everything I do know I learned by ****ing with it myself

havenÂ’t fired anything like anyone else that tired it like I have so I think IÂ’m doing ok so you seem

to know quite a bit tell me something you see my motherboard here http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=411

in the middle of the board thereÂ’s two extra heat sinks I believe they are called? Can I get two

small fans for those and put them on it also? When I get the splitter? Thanks a bunch man for all

your help your the shit.

Note: Elbatrop1 IÂ’m sorry dude I missed your post above when you first talked about three way splitters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom