wanting to buy a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
You like Asus and hate the 6800 Ultra, + have a word class OC.

Ever think you did something wrong, i get 40+ FPS in SCCT

Stupid, theirs nothing wrong with the 6800 Ultra. Obviously you dont like are recommendations, and it seems you made your mind up.

For this type of price range the 6600 GT is the only and best way to go.

DJ-CHRIS said:
6600GT's are 128 max :)

leadtek \ eVGA 6600GT for around 150 is great, but in june new graphics cards come out

Sorry, i was talking about MSI NX6600-TD256E .. I thought it was a GT

sorry but lil off topic, when the new cards come out in June, how much do you think the 6800GT, 6600GT, etc. will drop in cost?

i am also looking for a good powersupply to go with this any suggestions(cause i think the power supply might be the problem too)

Stupid said:
Why do people suggest 6600 gts . I have 6800 Ultra and let me tell you IT SUCKS SO BAD. I would take regular x800 over it any day.

People say: oh it supports shaders 3.0 well if getting 5 fps in splinter cell with shaders 3.0 enabled is "supporting it" than get an Nvidia, but if you want a good video card get an ATi.

You're the only person I've ever heard complain about the 6800 Ultra. Its likely you have a problem somewhere else in your system. The 6800 Ultra is like the best card in existance. If its not performing, its not because the card sucks. What all have you replaced in your system to troubleshoot the matter?

i made posts about this a long time ago.but ill tell the story again.when i first built the computer i put in a aiw 9800 pro and the computer ran really slow when it booted up and everything like that.so i had 2 older cards geforce 4 mx 420 and radeon 9600.i put the 9600 in the computer and it runs fine now.so i then started thinking bout getting a newer video card so i can play newer games.and i figured taht the power supply might be a little low cause i have a lot of stuff hooked to it.it is like 450 w i think.

i think stupid's problem is that he still has ATI drivers in his computer

also, troubled youth, that's one hell of a deal and you should definitely go for that card

btw, you should get a thermaltake silent purepower 480W as a new PSU (around $60 or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom