What brand RAM should I get???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Hey, for my new PC :p .... well, i want it to be fast and kick @$$, so what RAM should i get? i only want 1GB, price doesn't really matter but don't just go crazy (you know, don't give me some $400 ram stix). I don't know if i'll overclock, but I'll have them in Dual Channel, so what exatcly should I get?? I heard OCZ is good, and Kingston, and Corsair, so which one?

there's no such thing as a kickass ram without ocing...

a $70 generic one will be as fast as the $280 g skill without ocing

kingston sucks, corsair sucks

just for for a gig of twinmos

G.Skills are the best for OCing. Corsair does suck despite what a lot of people say. Only reason i have Corsair XMS pro is cuz of a free upgrade. OCZ Platinum stuff is also real good

at only $87, you can a gig of twinmos like i said, if you decide to OC, you can easily do it with a DFI lanparty board (only board you should be considering if you're gonna upgrade to AMD)

well this is just a useless thread

people throwing out random brands for no reason...

but maybe it's because of the dumb question, you shoulda stated your price range, if you ever planned on OCing, and asked for a specific model of ram, since asking for the brand is just pointless (unless you're buying at those retarded online stores that only give you a choice of brand for their ram i.e. alienware, cyberpower, ibuypower)

dude, i don't have a price range, ok, fine, $0.0012584355 to $356.26985665855... ok, so i will overclock i gues..

so is it worth getting the stuff GageMW posted... i mean yeah, it is ddr 550 and 184 pin, but the cas latency is just a little too high, and the timing too... i dunno, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom