what's SATA 2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
i saw SATA 2 ports on the 939 mobo i wanna get, and also on some alienware systems.... so what exatcly is it? and what hard drives have it?? ...will sata 2 beat the raptor??

here's a better question, whats the difference between SCSI and SATA? and is SCSI on AMD mobo's as well as Intel mobo's?

SATA II isn't much good right now, it can transfer more data than the raptors can even put ourt right now, SCSI is another type of connector and hard drive, SCSI drives usually run at 15k RPMs and they are only run on servers usually, for desktops you have to buy a pci controller card.
btw it's pronounced scuzzy (SCSI).
I think.

the reason SCSI is soo expensive is cause of there reliability, thats why thy are used on server machines.

prolly no use for SCSI in a desktop computer.

ok, i was just wondering if a SATAII crap will beat the Raptor that i wanna get... so i can make some changes on the list! ;)

SATA and SATAII are only interfaces capable of recieving up to 1.5gb/sec and 3gb/sec. A hard drive needs to be able to access data fast enough to fill up the interface bandwidth, and as it stands, a 10,000RPM drive will not transfer data at 1.5GB/s, plain and simple.

You won't see any difference between a hard drive running on SATAI or SATAII, load and seek times are all determined by the rotation speed and cache size of the drive, not the interface the drive is connected to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom