GeForce 7 Specifications Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do realise though that that particular card won't be their flagship.......That's equivelant to the GT versions of todays cards, the Ultras I believe will infact have 500Mhz core......concerning ATI I see too many times people saying WTF ATIS CORE IS 700MhZ!?!

Well it doesn't really matter considering it's like AMD vs Intel here.....Everybody knows a 2.2GHz AMD would whoop a 2.5GHz Intel (relatively speaking) so it's the same principle here based on core design.

Either way until good benchmarks come out and each card has been out about a month we won't be able to see what's going on, but honestly it seems like the R520 will destroy it, but you gotta figure nvidia has to have already heard this and seen this, yet they are still putting out this card like theres no problems?....it makes me wonder what will really happen when both are seen.

7800 reference board:

1117060919.jpg

The link he provided has that pic.....a lot of people are thinking it's a rendered or photoshopped pic......these new cards are basically leaving a huge guessing game

This is only good for the video card industry. All of us will benefit if the ATI card is better. The "Fanboy Wars" MUST continue in order for neutral people such as myself, to get a decent price.

We really don't want a monopoly. If ATI screws up with the next generation also, relative to NVidia, I have a feeling that it might just happen.

And yeah.. I heard about the 1.3 x 24 = 32 pipeline thing too. Sounds reasonable. AMD has been doing it for years with their 2x00/3x00+ ratings..

ATI desperatly needs an edge at this point. nvidia has dominated this generation, and ATI has suffered. the X800/X850 series really destroyed my opinion of them. I hope this R520 ressurects my idea of their cards.

the 1.2 pipelines sounds like a brilliant idea that could really turn the battle around

you do realise though that that particular card won't be their flagship.......That's equivelant to the GT versions of todays cards,
That card the GTX version, which from I have been lead to believe is the equivelent of an Ultra card. Following that they will also have the 7800GT and the vanilla versions.

Theres a guy at XS that thought the same, check out this quote

I read somwhere that there isn't going to be an Ultra version for this series, and that GTX is the top model.

edited:
or maybe not, I just read the other thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ead.php?t=63780
The link won't work in this quote of mine so I just copied and pasted and whatnot, but it links to this thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63780

So all in all they figure flagship card will be around 500, IMO though everything is still all speculation even though it says "confirmed" theres still a lot of confusion and non-believers.

Hmm, you may be right, I know there has been a lot of confusion flying around regarding the 7800 nonetheless with some sources suggesting 430MHz and others suggesting 500MHz, so the Ultra version could be the cause of this confusion.

Like ATi though it seems a bit silly to have four streams of one card though, that's just my opinion though. I like the GTX ring better than Ultra anyways. ;)

500MHz is a lot more reasonable as a new generation core though IMO.

lol ultra always seemed a little corny to me.

GT and XT are the best suffixes a card can have IMO.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but i was expecting more lik 550 mhz

yeah but if its 500MHz on a completely different core were 400MHz on the 6800's would technically perform less than a 400MHz on the 7800 then it's all gravy and would probably equal out to 550MHz of current card standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom