Hard drive names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
My C drive is always my prime drive, however it is not now because i formatted. i thought as default C was prime, i guess not. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Like how to re name them...?

Blitze105 said:
My C drive is always my prime drive, however it is not now because i formatted. i thought as default C was prime, i guess not. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Like how to re name them...?

you have to reformat and pay attention to your choices on the partition page. this is where everybody make that mistake

when installing a new drive, if you want it to be C, then you have to have it on Primary IDE in the Master position.
that is how drive letters are determined. Later you can move all but system to a different drive letter without any trouble as long as you don't have installed apps attached to it. if you are installing from SATA, then simply disconnect all other drives while installing and that will take care of the problem...

Good luck in the future.

a lot of people will make 2 partitions with the xp cd, then without paying attention they hit the format this drive option (full or quick) without realizing they should have click the up arrow after making their second partition so that windows will install on the C partition. it will install on the second one I've done this 2 or 3 times (out of hundreds of formats) myself and I know better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom