Designing a home A/V setup using the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vav00m

Beta member
OK, this is the setup.. if anyone has any suggestions, big or small, PLEASE post, it may or will help, and i have a large budget for this project ($200-$2000, more if it's worth it).... SO, this is where i stand.. My computer needs to feed audio to several sound systems, and possibly video to some lcd screens. this is what i have now:

My computer, audio sent to 6.1 surround (Logitech X620 [in the computer room]), split from there to a 6.1 surround sound home audio amp (Panasonic SA-XR25 [in the living room]) and speakers, and split once again to a 5.1 surround mini-system (Sony 991AV[in the kitchen]), THEN, my video card (ATI 9600SE) has a handy TV out which has the S-video going to the digital projector (Hitachi PJ-TX10, which has VGA-in, not using...), and split to a 36" tv in the kitchen.. NOW, what i wanna do is have S-Video going to the kitchen, and use VGA-in on the projector, but i have to get an adapter, easy pickup at the local computer store, no biggie (i have 2 DVI on the vid card)..

THE CONFUSION:
10,000,000,000 wires in my house. Low quality sound due to splittage.

WHAT I WANT:
Use of optical cables, even if it requires upgrading the sound card to an audigy4 or higher, upgrading logitech speakers to the logitech Z-5500, upgrading the sony minisystem, and I want to stretch my audio signal to go to two more sets of surround, both downstairs. Wireless audio transer? Optical Splitting? Use of plain old magic? Should I get another PCI-based video card to send clones of my video picture to the kitchen and the basement? Maybe I should photoshop up my system in a diagram and repost it.. I've spent probably $15,000 altogether in audio/video equipment.. I just dont think it's up to par..

email me at xuolaiv69@hotmail.com if thatÂ’s easier..

THANKS for readin! Now tell me what you think!

A diagram would be awesome!!

Also, i would really like to help you out on this because i want to use a computer for a multimedia center also. Not quite as elaborate as your system, but similar function: sending audio/video to the rest of the house...

breakout? well, i plan on gettin a card with optical out, and splitting that a few ways.. is that possible?

is there any signal loss when splitting optical? i've seen these adapters for sale, but no one knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom