In deep trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajan

Beta member
hiya

Hope everyone doin good. Someone hv taken my IP address and frm that day i am gettin spammed.......so now i need to IP Ads MSg blocker to stop this happening. THe freeware of Apply IP message Blocker 2.1 trial version isnt working. After installation , when i try to CHECK the ENABLE PROTECTION NOW box i am getttin a pop up window saying "runtime error 438" object doesnt support this property or method and the application closes.

I am a hotel mgmt student and i am unaware of all these tools...so plz help me.

thanks for the help to be offered.

IP

Call your Internet provider and ask them to change your IP. Else you can go in every spam you get one at the time and unsubscribe witch is what i do if I don't get too many.

hi

buddy, thanks for he help.I called my ISP (SHAW) but they said there is no possibility of them changing the IP address coz they say spamming happens all over the globe and they cant everytime change the IP for every client of them and they are very much reluctant to talk to me...i dunno why:( ......now i guess the only option is to go with the IS ADS blocker but where would i get it for free ? and the freeware which i got of it was also not working (problem said in previous post).

Thanks a lot

What sort of spam is this? While the message is up, can you hit Shift-Print Screen and then paste this into word and attach the Screen Print to a post on here?

-Michael

hey

i am tryin to prevent myself frm IP ads spam coz my buddies carzy friend got my IP and tryin to spam , so the IP ads blocker i am trying to use is Apply IP Message Blocker Demo v 2.1. When i try to execute this program i get an error.....its in the attached file.

thanks

Attachments

• sound card.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 18
Ok, I'm familiar with this error, but what does the spam look like? Does it come up an a web page, regular window, etc.?

-Michael

IP

HYE MIKE

i havent got any spams yet.....expecting it huh coz my IP has been robbed by a spammer friend frm UK .....not supposed to be called a friend thou. everyday hez threating me of spamming...yes ofcourse hez a potential hacker/cracker/spammer.
thatz why i am worried coz i have lota things do everyday on Inet.

rajan what mike is trying to get at and me also is that you are not being hacked by someone who has your IP. most likely you have been infected with a download trojan.

you should download a trial version of norton anti-virus and scan your entire computer.

Geeezzz

Just get a firewall, windowx xp is actually well secured if you downloaded all the security patches and activated the firewall.

for e-mail spam, make sure you block his adress in your outlook or whatever e-mail you use and wait to see if he try to spam you, meanwhile, sleep and stop worrying.

How can you e-mail spam someone with his IP if you havn't hack him to know his e-mail adress?? I don't think you can e-mail to an IP, so don't worry about it.

That's what I'd do for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom