icon's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avireX

Baseband Member
For some reason the default windows icons for Bitmap, GIF and JPEG have somehow automatically removed themselves from my system. I have already try'd using one of those programs which you can change your icon's with (StyleXP etc.), but that doesnt help me atall because the acctual icon's arent on my system, any help? Ive attached a picture of what the icon's look like.

Attachments

• icon_error.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 30
No it doesnt work, as i said, the icons have been totaly whiped from my system... :(, thanks for trying though.

Sounds like a virus or something doesn't it? A program that deletes files..? I suggest scanning with online scans, if you need links just ask :).

It happened after my dad installed a program called ACDsee (which changes the Bitmap, GIF and JPEG icons). I then uninstalled ACDsee because i no longer needed it, and the icons that ACDsee changed went away along with it. Since then my icons just look like that....

Ok, ive figured out something new, ACDsee has set my PC so that it thinks that the ACDsee icons are the default ones instead of the real Windows Default ones. All i need to know now is where the Bitmap, GIF and JPEG are located on my PC...

Those files are that way because they are no longer associated with a program. Re-associate those file types by 1 of 2 ways.

1) >> right click >> open with >> choose your program and tick the box that says "always use the selected program to open this type of file"

2) >> open the folder containing the files >> tools >> folder options >> file types >> find the file extension bmp, jpg, jpeg etc. >> choose program, follow steps from #1 >> advanced >> change icon >> hit ok >> hit apply >> hit ok

No i already try'd that, which didnt work for some strange reason. Ive found the location of the default windows icons for the image files which is 'shimgvw.dll'. Anyway thanks for trying to help ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom