win xp will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jumpers are fine I tried putting it back into my old machine and the same thing is happening I think that there is someting wrong with the hdd because it is just not booting

ok I read the forum my problem is exactly the same thing

Verifying DMI Pool Data ............
Boot from CD :
BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER >

Boot from CD: >

Setup is inspecting your computerÂ’s hardware configuration >

Windows Setup
(Setup is loading files > Setup is starting windows)
>

Windows XP Home Edition Setup

Welcome to Setup.

This portion of the setup program prepares Microsoft <R> Windows <R> XP to run on your computer.

To set up Windows XP now press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

<ENTER>

Windows XP Home Edition Setup >

Windows XP Licensing Agreement

<ACCEPT>

The following list shows the existing partitions and unpartitioned space on this computer.

To set up Windows XP on the selected item press ENTER
To create a partition in the unpartitioned space, press C
To delete the selected partition, press D

194475 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]

*C: Partition 1 [NTFS] 1994466 MB (193948 MB free) *
Unpartitioned Space 8 MB

<ENTER>

You chose to install Windows XP on a partition that contains another operating system. Installing Windows XP on this partition might cause the other operating system to function improperly.

CAUTION: Installing multiple operating systems on a single partition is not recommended. To learn more about installing multiple operating systems on a single computer, see

Microsoft Homepage

using Internet Explorer

To continue Setup using this partition, press C
To select a different partition, press ESC.

except for one thing.......I am not using a sata hdd I am using a ide hdd I have a disc with sata raid drivers on it and I tried the f6 thing with that disc for the hell of it but it is still looking like the stuff that I posted at the beginning of this

I was suggestion to try our other options when we was helping him troubleshoot. I'm not a great typer, so I didn't want to retype these suggestions. you are missing one simple step somewhere. try erasing your hard drive with powermax, then start over

well I ran powermax and it says that I don't have a hdd I also ran a prog from western digital that says that there is no problem with my hdd so I am starting to assume that I have a hdd issue somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom