Speedfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
Okay... need a little bit of help with Speedfan if anybody's used it before. First of all, I need to know if making my fans operate at 100% all the time can be bad... and if it isn't bad, then why do they just not run at 100% by default?

Second question is... which temp corresponds to my CPU temperatures? Actually... forget that question and tell me which temp corresponds to what things please. I have Temp1, Temp2, Temp3, Local, Remote, and HD0.

Final question deals with the clock. Is this a page to overclock my things? Also, if it is, it is still better to do it through the BIOS, correct?

Thanks ahead of time.

1. They can run at full speed, they're just loud.

2. Stress test your components, you will be able to see which temp coresponds to what.

3. I'd OC though the bios, the creator of speed fan says on the website that, that portion is still a little buggy.

This is going to sound really stupid... but how do I stress test each component one at a time to see?

I want to know what the other things are too... I think I know which temp is the CPU temp though...

Ha... I definitely found which temp sensor is for the processor.

Another thing... can I trust that this is accurate? The whole reason I wanted Speedfan to begin with was because my other processor temperature sensing program fluctuated so much, it didn't seem like I was getting an accurate reading. When I had a full load, my one sensor said that it was at 50 c or so, and Speedfan told me it was around 44 c (which honestly, I tend to believe Speedfan a wee bit more).

And once again, how do I find out what the OTHER sensors are for?

Wayniac said:
Temp1, Temp2, Temp3, Local, Remote, and HD0.

So... six. I already found out that Temp2 was the processor, so I need to know what the others are. I'd assume one is the Hard Drive (maybe HD0?), one is for RAM perhaps? Maybe one for the motherboard and one for the graphics card? I don't know...

so stress the graphics card to see which one that is, there aren't sensors for ram
Watch the local and remote temps, if they fluxuate 10 or 20 degrees every second or so then that means they aren't reading the correct sensor, so you can shut those off.
I would say that 1 is the motherboard, 2 is the cpu, 3 is the gpu, and hd0 is the hard drive.

Temp1 generally stays around 19 c, so I think you're right with saying it is the motherboard. Temp3 is generally about 32 c or so, so I'd also say you're right about the graphics card. HD0 I would assume is the hard drive.

This leaves local and remote. Neither of them change a lot. Local stays around 40 c and remote stays around 33 c. I have absolutely NO idea what they're for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom