Norton Systemworks 2005 BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
I just got called over to the house of some family friends who are in a panic, They have a dell computer and it was running fine until they installed norton system works today. its a legal copy and everything and they entered the cd key and connected to the net to update the files and the pc crashed. Now when win XP home boots up it randomly hits a BSOD with a physical memory dump message. I have tryed uninstalling norton but everytime i tried the machine BSOD'd again. So i went into safe mode and the system was stable. I have managed to save the girls' coursework and get it to another machine, but her system is pretty much unusable at the moment and they dont know what to do.

Anyone got any suggestions? they are really frustrated by it all and I ran out of ideas!

cheers

reformat and get their money back from norton. systemworks have been known to do that on some people computers

My friend's laptop just did the BSOD... same stuff that your's did.

Funny thing, I run the cheap software, and it NEVER crashes

by the way... have you reformatted this machine since they got it from dell ???

If not i suggest you reformat and get rid of the dell crap...
dell likes to add pointless things on their machines that like to break. Ex : check your processes on the dell machine and then reformat and add what you need/want and check again....

am reformatting it for them next week, they had never formatted it before (hence i get called in to do it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom