Solid State Member
Well let me start by posting my system specs:

AMD 2200+
MSI K7N2 delta
768 MB 333DDR Kingmax
350w PS
MSI geforce4 4200ti 128 DDR
directx 9.0c

If there is anything else that anyone needs to know let me know.

OK so here is my problem, I am having some very strange video problems. I am a avid Condition Zero player and i simply cannot play right now. I am getting these crazy twitches an glitches from my video. I first assumed that the videocard was shot, but I sent it over to a friends house and tested the videocard with no problems whatsoever. So we thought perhaps it could be the RAM so again I borrowed some RAM and tried it but the same problem so I have to rule out the RAM. I have tried everything i can think of, video drivers etc... anyone have any good advice?

oh btw 3dmark 2001se won't even run......

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you recently upgrade to directx 9? Have you tried unistalling and reinstalling it?

I had upgraded to the direct X9 quite awhile before this started happening and I did reinstall it just to be sure. I have also formatted, reinstalled WinXP pro, and tried multiple drivers.

Im not really sure what kinda game that is, I've never heard of it, but maybe try reinstalling the game? Or if its a multiplayer game, check for patches.. there may be glitches?

it is not just in that one game, when i run dxdiag and i do the 3D draw test the spinning cubes are totally messed up, they twitch and chop etc.... Like i said the the computer was formatted 2 days ago after this problem started so i had a nice fresh start to help me eliminate possible problems. Is there a chance that it might be processor related or even the motherboard itself?

My cpu temp is fine and I have all the updates including latest BIOS for my motherboard. Or perhaps a possible issue with the power supply?

very frustrating.... lol

Condition Zero... is that Counter Strike?

I am stumped... have you tried a system restore? The only thing I would recommend doing is backtracking and think of EVERYTHING you did BEFORE it quit working properly. Did you try overclocking or change voltages or anything like that? Maybe you didn't lock the AGP slot. Check all of this.

He already tried it in another PC but I will bet my money on this being a power supply or video card issue

Could you give us the brand and EXACT type of power supply you are using, and the voltages if possible

Also more infomation on the card would be nice, sounds like it maybee overheating.

I never thought about overheating problems... I knew somebody who had a video card that overheated a lot at one time. It was because of the way his case fans were set up, he trapped all of the heat by the video card. It could be something as simple as changing your setup a little. After he changed his case fans (intake and exhaust) everything worked fine.

You didnt disable PagingFiles did you?

You could reset the Cmos for the hell of it, though it prolly wont fix anything, but just incase.

remove the side pannel for your case and run the pc with it open, to rule out that the Vid card may not have enough cool air.

The PSU would be the next easyest thing to remove, if you could barrow one of those and test it, that woudl work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom